‘Anwar was your right choice too, Dr M’
Nov 17, 09 7:54am
‘It was you, Dr Mahathir, who made Anwar Ibrahim the finance minister in your cabinet and he was sacked for reasons other than failing as finance minister if my memory serves me correctly.’
Kanesin SVS Sappania Pillay: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, it was you who made Anwar Ibrahim the finance minister in your cabinet and he was sacked for reasons other than failing as finance minister if my memory serves me correctly. I am sure he would have learnt from his ‘failure’.
Ed: Hmm, and yet he was the right choice for finance minister under your administration. I guess Mahathir always had the tendency to surround himself and his cabinet with people who ‘didn’t know anything’ in relation to the offices they held.SusahKes: Well, let’s see Dr Mahathir. You were responsible for:
1) Awarding privatisation contracts at hugely inflated prices
2) Bailing out MAS by paying higher than market value for its shares
3) Using Petronas to bail out your son
4) The loss-making Paya Indah Wetlands/Sepang projects
5) The loss-making Putrajaya development
6) The loss-making Cyberjaya/MCS development
7) The huge Bank Negara forex trading losses (which you conveniently called ‘paper losses’)
8) Bailing out Proton and passing the mess back to the taxpayersI’ve only just mentioned the financial side. What about the ‘raid’ you made on the judiciary? What about the use of ISA/OSA? What about corruption?Do you know how much of potential FDI we lost over the years because of the non-financial aspects of your dictatorship? Aiyo, Dr M, don’t ‘pusing-pusing’ la…
Victor Johan: Mahathir, when journalists seek your opinion, it does not mean that you should think they and the rakyat are stupid. Your reply only reflects who you are.
In my opinion, your statement certainly reflects your mental state – you’re uncomfortable with the progress that Anwar and other like-minded Pakatan Rakyat representatives are making in providing the rakyat with an alternative government come the 13th general election.
Their success will certainly be your demise and those of the other BN reps – all the cans of worms and skeletons in the closets will be revealed. We need facts, not gutter-level political replies. You were prime minister and finance minister once, remember?
Kopitiam Bang Nan